The SPAQI Committees are charged with the overall leadership of the society and providing vision and oversight to all activities of the organization.
- Education Committee - Goal is to provide up to date educational resources to members through the newsletter and website. Committee members will review current literature maintaining up to date resources on the website, with a focus on tools for managing a preop clinic, and sample curricula for residents/nurses/students, along with a list of references available. Develop a shared process for coordinating tours of preoperative clinics.
- Membership Provides advocacy for diverse membership. Develop ways to survey and engage current members to ensure continued added value. Conduct Membership Surveys to inform the Executive Committee of membership needs/issues with goals to increase satisfaction and overall membership.
- Communications & Website – Recommend ways to improve the website for ease of use navigation, improved communication, and to ensure this serves needs of our diverse membership. Facilitate changes recommended by the membership committee and executive committee. Provide recommendations to the Webmaster and manager of the Twitter & LinkedIn account, Facebook pages. Facilitate increased outreach and communication through both social networking sites and website.
- Meeting Planning - Goal to ensure SPAQI members maximially benefit from the annual meeting. Provide recommendations for topics, speakers, panels to executive committee. Review abstracts submitted for the Perioperative Medicine Summit, select presenters, designate reviewers to review posters and oral presentations.
- Research Committee - Guide future research consistent with the mission. Provide educational resources to develop and facilitate research protocols. List potential research questions and relay to members, develop a proposals for coordinated multi center research.
- Literature Review Committee - Identify current literature of interest to our members. Present articles of interest and summarize newer guidelines for placement on the website. Track interesting articles, guidelines and refer to communications committee for dissemination to membership. Responsible for monthly “ Journal Watch” Section to be maintained by the website committee.
- Nomination Committee- To review and recommend potential candidates serve in leadership positions and subsequently be voted on by membership (chairs of each subcommittee)